[pmmail-list] Rexx or batch files for MIME associations with CMD.EXE (was "... other issues")

Jonathan Seder pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 08 Apr 2001 11:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

    >>...  I've got a batchfile called "antiword2.cmd" that contains the following:
    >Cmd files under OS2 are text-based files interpreted by the Rexx
    >interpreter. Only binary application executables can be specified and run
    >by MIME association. In your MIME association you can specify
    >/antiword.exe/ but not a Rexx cmd file that calls it.

Not exactly.

You can attach a Rexx (or batch) command file (such as c:\tools\mycmd.cmd) to a MIME association with the following:
	Program To Execute:	cmd.exe
	Arguments:		/C c:\tools\mycmd.cmd %s
%s will get the name of the attachment, unquoted, "as is".

Type "help cmd.exe" to learn more.