[pmmail-list] Auto remove from trash

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:05:10 +0200 (MES)

  Inspired by the discussion about removing items from the trash
based on their age without shutting down PMMail, I have written a
REXX script which should do that.

  It works fine when started as an independent program, but not so
well when started from a manual filter, as the program was designed
to, since PMMail keeps the index of the trash folder in memory and
the change to the FOLDER.BAG of the TRASH.FLD is not reflected before
the program is being shut down.

   Anyway, I have made the script available for anyone who is curious
about accessing the FOLDER.BAG index file.

   You can find the script at my private website, at

home.t-online.de/~Lueko.Willms/Programme/Dateien/pmtrash.cmd

   Attention: for all items after my name, case is important.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de