[pmmail-list] "Gulp" size

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:57:41 -0700

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:57:11 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>>For example, I just reconnected after a week offline over a slow link
>>while subscribed to several busy mailing lists, and found over 1000
>>messages to be transferred over a 30 kbps connection. In this situation
>>I'd like to be able to transfer about 20-50 messages per server
>>connection.
>
>You can use the Remote Control window to do this.

But I still have to manually initiate each "gulp" by selecting a block
for transfer and then hitting transfer. (In fact, that's just what I
had to do. Had to keep checking back every few minutes to see if it was
done with a gulp, to start the next one.) It would be nice if this was
automated. Setting the gulp size by time rather than count would be
fine. This would also catch a hung connection. If too much time elapses
without any bytes flowing, the connection should be dropped and
restarted.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]