[pmmail-list] CPU Hog / WPS Lockup

rotijohn@softhome.net pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:24:03 -0400 (EDT)

I reported this some time ago.  It is still happening and I wonder if there's anyone on the list who's experience the same bugs.  My Warp box is
at FP12, TCPIP 4.1 and MPTS 5.5.

PMMail/2 ver 2.20.2030 is the last version which works properly on my machine.  With 2.20.2100 onwards including the latest beta,
PMMail/2 would behave for a while, showing no wayward symptoms.  However, after the first "timed" retrieval, something in the client
would hog the CPU and my CPU monitor would show PMMail spiking the CPU between 95%-100%.  If I check the all the accounts in
PMMail/2 at this time, I would find all to be dormant and not undergoing any retrieving operations or otherwise.

Killing PMMail/2 is no solution as the client would close and disappear from the window tasklist.  However,  a process listing would show
PMMail still hanging somewhere there using up CPU cycles.

Any help?  I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem.

Regards,

John