[pmmail-list] PMMail 2.20 as a bulk mailer?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:02:57 +0200 (MES)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:44:00 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:40:58 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:
>
> >  I forgot to mention that it should be configured as an "Outgoing
> >Filter (Pre-Send)"
>
> Interesting idea, btw! I had never thought of this type of filter.
> But all it does is add the addresses to the Bcc: line, which can be
> accomplished without the filter.

   I thought that this was the purpose of those filter actions,
"Distribute to {Book|group}".

   Together with the actions "{Add|Remove} from {address book|Group}"
one can establish a mailing list with automated adding and removing
recipients by themselves.

   Using the Distribution filter, one can redirect incoming messages
for the mailing list right to the mailing list distribution. Maybe
the filter's trigger should be changed to the address of the
distribution list in the TO: line.

> I suppose, if I understand your method correctly, you would also want
> the filter's last action to be to delete the original message so
> PMMail does not attempt to send it to the "address" in the To: field,
> since that "address" is actually just a keyword to trigger the
> filter, not an actual email address, or address book or group name.
>
> Right?

  Maybe. I just tried this out last Saturday for the first time and I
not yet very firm in it.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main