[pmmail-list] PMMail 2.20 as a bulk mailer?

John Wirt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:14:18 -0400

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:23:15 -0700, Dave in Phoenix AZ wrote:

>The only concern is back when I had 1500 (was using older PMMAIL for OS/2 vs
>current Win version) is that I had to break the list down into  groups of
>about 250 names - a real pain - or many E-mails would disappear in cyperspace
>with no return.  After talking to ISP it seemed somehow "blew the bcc buffer"
>but not clear if this was a Pmmail problem or the smpt server of ISP. Also
>the mailings were  newsletters often 150k.

This may explain the problem I had sometime ago when I tried using
bcc to distribute my mail list.  I had about 300 names and found that
many of the bcc copies did not arrive.

I have contacted my ISP to find out if this is a limited in his SMTP
server.

I would rather not have to maintain multiple lists. But without
PMMSend in the Windows version of PMMail I am somewhat as a loss to
know what to do.  Perhaps I can jimmy up Outlook Express to do the
job.

John