[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:21:10 -0700

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:52:56 -0400, Lane P. Lester wrote:

>Kenneth Porter wrote:
>> What about "telnet mailhost 110"
>
>Connecting To mailhost...Could not open a connection to host on port
>110 : Connect failed
>
>>  and "telnet mailhost 25"?
>
>Connecting To mailhost...Could not open a connection to host on port
>25 : Connect failed
>
>> Do those get reasonable server banners?
>
>Nope. OTOH, I just fetched your message with the other client.
>
>I hope that suggests something to you that might be of help to me.

Telnet pretty much just makes a fairly raw TCP connection to the
server. If that doesn't work, and your other client can connect, then
your other client must be connecting to somebody else. Double-check
your server settings in both clients to make sure they're talking to
the servers you think they're talking to.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]