[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Lane P. Lester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:05:15 -0400

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Telnet pretty much just makes a fairly raw TCP connection to the
> server. If that doesn't work, and your other client can connect, then
> your other client must be connecting to somebody else. Double-check
> your server settings in both clients to make sure they're talking to
> the servers you think they're talking to.

OK, I think I may have picked up on something here. I've tested four
different clients now, two that can't connect and two that can:

PMMail No
Opera No

The Bat Yes
Mozilla Yes

The only difference that I see in the two sets of clients is that the
ones that =can't= connect both have Port 110 in their settings. The
two that =can= connect have =no= setting for the port.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia