[pmmail-list] Repeats of attachments

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 14:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:58:08 -0400, Gene Gough wrote:

>This problem has been reported several times before by others and by myself.
>Completely reproduceable if the same id sends you several messages with
>attachments in the same general time frame.   Assume that one attachment is
>present in each message.   What I have been seeing is the first message seems
>to be OK but the second will have both it's attachment and the attachment from
>the previous message.  Subsequent messages will have various and random
>assortments of the previous attachments in addition to their own.  This has to
>be happening as the message is opened.   Many times in my experience, the
>attachment in a secondary note that has already appeared in a previous note
>will be corrupt or gets corrupted when you attempt to open it.

Can't reproduce the problem here.  I just sent myself 4 messages, each
with a single attachment, to another account I monitor with PMMail2.
When I opened them up, each had the correct attachment.  I sent them at
about 30 second intervals.  I'm using PMMail/2.  Perhaps it's a problem
only with the Windows version.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com