[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Lane P. Lester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 20:31:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:50:34 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>I believe this means that the mailserver refused PMMail's request to
>connect. Log in problem? More than 1 account? If so, all accounts? Does
>mailserver require 'send after fetch'? Try reentering account
>information i.e. ID, password. Alternatively, try creating a new
>account for the mailserver. Does new account connect?

I'm certainly glad to hear from you. I'm afraid my problem just doesn't
hold the interest that virus filtering does. <grin>

I trust you saw my message that reported that two clients that specify
Port 110 (which includes PMMail) cannot connect, while two other
clients that do not specify the port are able to connect.

I compared the account settings between PMMail and a client that can
connect, and they are the same.

Perhaps more informative, as you asked above, yes, I have two accounts
to different servers installed in PMMail, and neither of them are able
to connect to the server.

Furthermore, I do not have this problem with PMMail for OS/2.

I am in OS/2 right now, so I can't try the new-account test you suggest
above. I will, however, try it later... although I don't expect any
difference, based on my observations above.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
----
OS/2--The User-Friendly Alternative