[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:42:22 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:54:28 -0400, Lane P. Lester wrote:

>Sorry, Rod. The OS/2 version runs just fine; the problem is with the
>Windows one. The only IP thing in W2K just says this:
>
>E:\>ipconfig

Try using Traceroute:
E:\>tracert postoffice.1stconnect.com
or get the graphical (free) tool from analogx.com (Hypertrace)

I suspect that ping failing means that ICMP messages do not get through
though and traces depend on ICMP. May give us a clue on routing and
just where it dies even if it doesn't go all the way.

Also try telnetting to the mailserver port 110 and seeing if you get a
banner.

Over to you!