[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Lane P. Lester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:14:04 -0400

Rod... Whitworth wrote:
> Try using Traceroute:
E:\>>tracert postoffice.1stconnect.com

Here 'tis; I tried two different servers to which I have access:

E:\>tracert postoffice.1stconnect.com

Tracing route to postoffice.1stConnect.com [208.255.92.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1  Transmit error: code 65.

Trace complete.

E:\>tracert mail.speedfactory.net

Tracing route to mail.speedfactory.net [66.20.234.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1  Transmit error: code 65.

Trace complete.

> Also try telnetting to the mailserver port 110 and seeing if you get a
> banner.

I'm not sure how to do this, but here are a couple of tries:

Microsoft Telnet> open port 110
Connecting To port...Could not open a connection to host on port 110 : Connect f
ailed

Microsoft Telnet> open postoffice.1stConnect.com
Connecting To postoffice.1stConnect.com...Could not open a connection to host: C
onnect failed

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia