[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:24:10 -0700

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:14:04 -0400, Lane P. Lester wrote:

>> Also try telnetting to the mailserver port 110 and seeing if you get a
>> banner.
>
>I'm not sure how to do this, but here are a couple of tries:
>
>Microsoft Telnet> open port 110
>Connecting To port...Could not open a connection to host on port 110 : Connect f
>ailed
>
>Microsoft Telnet> open postoffice.1stConnect.com
>Connecting To postoffice.1stConnect.com...Could not open a connection to host: C
>onnect failed

Just tried from here and got an immediate connection:

>telnet postoffice.1stconnect.com 110
[Telnet window pops up]
+OK VOPmail POP3 Server-NOTF 4.2.181.0 Ready
<43995144.997197462.456@postoffice.
1stconnect.com>
[typed "QUIT" to close connection]
[Got signoff message, but damn Windows telnet won't let me copy it to
clipboard before the connection closes and erases the window.]

So the server is there and responding. The failures in your tracert
suggest a basic problem with your TCP/IP setup.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]