[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Lane P. Lester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:25:25 -0400

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> So the server is there and responding. The failures in your tracert
> suggest a basic problem with your TCP/IP setup.

Well, things just keep getting stranger. I got the same result you did
when I specified the port:

Microsoft Telnet> open postoffice.1stConnect.com 110
Connecting To postoffice.1stConnect.com...

+OK VOPmail POP3 Server-NOTF 4.2.181.0 Ready <44180592.997226386.847@postoffice.
1stconnect.com>

...but PMMail still gets the Error 10061!

And I feel like I should remind all of you kind people thinking about
this: PMMail =has= worked for me before in Win 2000. And even now,
although PMMail and Opera cannot fetch the mail, The Bat and Netscape
can.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia