[pmmail-list] POP before SMTP

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 07:08:18 -0700

On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:22:50 +1000 (EST), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>The OS/2 market is going away, NT (and 2k) is a dead-end already
>crowded and I look like going to Postfix on openBSD for SMTP with a
>popserver choice still up in the air but it will have to be APOP and
>smtp-after-pop or Auth-SSL so I can send whilst mobile.

Qpopper+DRAC should satisfy your POP requirements. Here's some links:

http://www.eudora.com/qpopper/
http://mail.cc.umanitoba.ca/drac/

Can't help you with Postfix, but I think it's been mentioned on the
qpopper mailing list. Look at the bottom of DRAC's "mail server
configuration" page for Postfix instructions.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]