[pmmail-list] POP before SMTP

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:22:50 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 05:17:14 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:

>Which MTA and POP3 server are you using?

I am currently stuck with Hethmon InetMail running on OS/2. The logs
are lousy there is no built-in smtp-after-pop but it does have APOP and
XTND XMIT so it is livable. The author is a really nice guy but he
thinks the next rev should be for OS/2 and NT/2K with remote admin by
java app or JSP I forget.

The OS/2 market is going away, NT (and 2k) is a dead-end already
crowded and I look like going to Postfix on openBSD for SMTP with a
popserver choice still up in the air but it will have to be APOP and
smtp-after-pop or Auth-SSL so I can send whilst mobile.

rgds,
Rod