[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:46:04 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:14:04 -0400, Lane P. Lester wrote:

>E:\>tracert postoffice.1stconnect.com
>
>Tracing route to postoffice.1stConnect.com [208.255.92.11]
>over a maximum of 30 hops:
>
>  1  Transmit error: code 65.
>
>Trace complete.

I saw Ken's answer so I won't deal with all the issues. I think he is
right and he showed you the best way to do the telnet test.

What IS bizarre that he did not directly address is the traceroute
result above.
 tracert did not know how to get to postoffice (or even the first step)
BUT it DID resolve the address. That implies that it is accessing your
DNS which one would expect would begin by sending a request out the
same gateway as any other packets would use.

These things are much easier to diagnose with physical access. If you
were in the same city I am sure we could suss it out. Want to bring
your rig down to Sydney?

~|^

But seriously if you can't get a local with TCP/IP clues you are going
to have to do some serious ASCII drawings here showing your network
setup and also paste in lots of settings info.

There's a couple of us here at least who, given enough clue, will work
it out.

cya