[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 and X-it

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 23:21:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:12:51 -0400 (EDT), Gregory L. Marx wrote:

>Until XWorkplace can do "shadows" and window "animations", NPS Enhancer will still be a staple in many eCS/OS2 systems ...
>And Styler/2 ... well XWP isn't even close in doing what Styler/2 does ...
>
>As you can tell they're two of my favorite WPS enhancers ...

They're two of my favorite WPS enhancers too, but recently I started
using XWP and while playing around with it I disabled certain features
of NPS such as window animation.  To my surprise, once the animations
were disabled, certain persistent problems I've had with freezes in
MPTS, TCPCONFIG and the Create and Update Share programs stopped.  I
never realized the NPS animations were causing those freezes, but since
they've been disabled I haven't had another freeze.  I also use
Styler/2, which is a fantastic piece of software and it coexists very
well with XWP.

XWP is a truly amazing set of tools for the WPS.  It provides
tremendous control over everything from startup and shutdown functions
to extended WPS classes, folders, menus, hotkeys, multiple desktops and
more.  It also includes a superior replacement for WarpCenter that in
addition to program objects, allows the docking of a host of widgets
that monitor everything from system temperatures, disk space and
network traffic and various controls for multimedia players, task
listers and more.  XWP makes huge improvements to the WPS and for me it
been one of the most significant upgrades I've made to OS/2 for a
couple of years.  It's being actively developed and there are a wide
range of people contributing new widgets and other features.  The only
conflict I've run into with XWP so far is with the latest drop of
Mozilla 0.9.3.  However, since all the previous drops have worked ok,
the problem seems to be Mozilla's and not XWP's.

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com