[pmmail-list] PMMail/2: Fetch All Accounts Doesn't

Boris Kirkorowicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:27:10 +0200 (MSZ)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:45:39 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

>FYI:  I am using PMMail/2 2.10.2010 on Warp4, FP12.  I see you are
>using PMMail 2.20.2300 for OS/2 Warp 4.5.  I was not even aware of this
>new release!

Pay more attention to announcements and the web site.

><Rant On>
>And, trying to find it on the vendor's Web site, the OS/2 version of
>PMMail is NOT EVEN LISTED AS AN OPTION!

Sure it is: it is listed as a beta, directly below the current GA that
you have.

> I guess that, since the
>product was transferred to them from SouthSoft, they don't really care
>about us any more...

Had a bad day? Cool down and look twice.

>	*  No notice to paid up users!
>	*  No mention of 'our' version as being available!

It was announced here several times.

>Is this another case of self fulfilling prophesy:  We don't tell people
>about the product... We don't sell many... We don't spend time
>advertising the product... We don't sell many... etc., etc., . . .

You are speaking of IBM, aren't you? Theis work is so much secret that
even they by themselves don't know about... Example? Well, the last one
might be Desktop On-Call, develdoped in Japan, and nobody at IBM in the
U.S. did know this product.

OK., but BSW is really something different.

><Rant Off>

Thank you. ;->)

Gruß                              Greetings
          Boris Kirkorowicz