[pmmail-list] Archiving Messages

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:18:31 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:59:34 -0400, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:

   Thanks a lot for all this documentation. I hope this will be
included in the online help for the next release.

> The character that is used as a delimiter in the folders (looks similar to a b) will be represented by a * in this message

   For the sake of completeness: it is a hex DE oder decimal
222.

=ACCT.INI=============================================================

==========================
> Account Settings.  As these are currently written, it would be difficult to list here.

   Looking at a hex dump of my ACCT.INI, I see fixed length fields of
384 bytes, i.e. hex 0180, with 128 bytes (hex 80) reserved for the
label or field name, and 256 (hex 100) bytes reserved for the value.

   Both strings are zero-terminated.

   In some cases, the value is a number, e.g. in the field DDAYS,
which gives the number of days for messages in the trash folder
before automatic deletes.

   In my case, this appears as one byte with the value of hex 5A or
decimal 90.

  (Blockquote follows)

=FOLDER.BAG===========================================================
==========================
Status*attachment*Date*Time*Subject*to_address*to_name*from_address*fr
om_name*X*filename*attach_info*X

Status - 0=unread, 1=read, 2=replied/forwarded
Attachment 0=none, 1=attachment
X - The x's are file sizes, but I cannot tell the difference (any
input?)
<<

   The first one is the message size as it is displayed in the
message list. I have just looked in an older FOLDER.BAG where message
sizes are given as "4K", "3K" or "209k". This has changed in the
course of the current beta, where the message size is now stored in a
byte count, and calculated for display into something more sensible.

attach_info - a=no attachment
 --If there is an attachment, there will be the following.  In the
attachment section, the * is truly an asterik.
  attachment_description*attachment_name=(I do not yet understand the
digits here)

    such as APPLICATION+ZIP*FRRetail.zip=3,2029;

Example:
2*1*2001-08-10*11:45:35*Retail
version*jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com*Jimmy
McCorquodale*pnielsen@xxxx.net*Peter Nielsen
INF*20405*GHV0050.MSG*APPLICATION+ZIP*FRRetail.zip=3,2029;*20407*

Replied message with attachment.  Arrived on 8/10 at 11:45 AM.  The
subject was about a Retail version.   It was to jimmym@...., with the
name Jimmy McCorq.....   Message was from pnielsen@...... who is
Peter Nielsen INF.  File Size 20405 bytes ? .  File name for this
message is GHV0050.MSG.  It contains a zip attachment called
FRRetail.zip(?  no idea ?) and file size in bytes is 20407.
<<

   The first number in the "=3,2029;" might have to do with the
document type.

   3 might stand for "APPLICATION". The FOLDER.BAGs which I have
checked have mostly the 3 at this place. I have also seen a 0 in one
instance.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main