[pmmail-list] Reindexing

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:18:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:47:15 -0600 (MDT), David K. Stevens wrote:

>I recently moved from PMMail 1.96 to 2000 on the OS/2 (FP14, HPFS)  platfom. It works
>fine except for a couple of quirks. Most importantly, PMMail does not remember the
>indexing for one (of two) of my Inbox es, meaning that when I restart PMMail or reboot my
>computer, I need to go through reindexing to show the messages and when I do so, I
>lost the information about whether the messages has been viewed. Every now and then,
>a message will be remembered - maybe one out of 20-40. I've tried some tricks like
>manually editing the folder.bag header file to no avail.  The second problem is that in
>some of the sub-folders below Inbox, reindexing causes PMMail to crash and
>disappear from the screen. It restarts without comment.  Helppp!!!!

You might consider creating a new folder and then copying - within
PMMail - all the messages in the old folder to it.  This will cause new
indexing files to be created for the new folder and possible solve your
problem.  If the new folder behaves correctly, then just delete the old
one.  If it does not, you may have a corrupted message which is causing
your problems.  Depending on the number of messages involved, there are
different ways to approach fixing that problem.  Let us know if the
creating a new folder works.

Ralph Cohen