[pmmail-list] Reindexing

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:29:53 -0700

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:46:45 -0500 (CDT), Maynard wrote:

>When the icon shows that there are unread messages in a subfolder, I
>wonder where is this information stored.
>
>I have a folder with several sub-folders; and the mother folder
>incorrectly shows (the arrow) that one or more of the sub-folders
>contains unread mail.

I think that's stored in the parent folder's folder.ini. I think that's
the exact problem I encountered that caused me to delete the folder.ini
(actually rename it somewhere safe to hide it from PMMail), re-index to
recreate it and fix the status, and then copy the folder number from
the old file to the new one.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]