[pmmail-list] Breakthrough!

Lane P. Lester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:02:23 -0400

Well, I =think= the problem is eliminated. I deleted everything that seemed
halfway related to the Internet that I did not have to use: Norton AV,
ZoneAlarm, Naviscope... the list goes on. Except for Norton, none of these were
being run... at least not voluntarily.

Anyway, I can now fetch/send with no problems. I had tried it first with the
IP, as some of you suggested. After that succeeded, I replaced the server name,
and that worked, too. I guess it would save a millisecond or two if I put the IP
back in.

You all have my gratitude for your suggestions and investigations on my behalf.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
-------
OS/2: The User-Friendly Alternative