[pmmail-list] Breakthrough!

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:44:01 -0300

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:56:38 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:

>Sounds like one of those was (silently) blocking you. You may wish to
>note what's currently in your task list, so you can tell if any new
>mysterious things start running without your intent in the future.

Can't remember the start of this thread but I have found that Tiny
Software's Personal firewall will block some packets which can make
PMMail wait a LONG time before connecting to SOME ISPs for a fetch.
This does not happen with all mail servers, just some. There are ways
around this which Tiny Software helped me find.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support