[pmmail-list] Sorting unread mail

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:25:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:03:54 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

> I know it has been brought up several times in the past, but I'd like
>to address it once again: The read status considers all its properties
>(unread, priority, replied-to, sent) equal - but in fact they are NOT.

> Well, I have to say that this is NOT satisfactory. With email folders
>of several thousand of messages, it's just not useful this way. I

> I remember from previous discussions that I'm not the only one to feel
>that way and I'd strongly suggest that such change should be
>incorporated soon. I know you can do better than this.

I think changes need to be made, certainly.

For me the absolute BEST sorting method is that done in
the SouthSide companion product PMINews: the dialog box
allows you to sort Subject, Date, Time, From .... in either ascending
or descending order -- _individually_ selected for each item -- and
then move each up or down in the priority box.
   ==> Completely configurable

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"