[pmmail-list] Sorting unread mail

Martin R. Hadam pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:57:19 +0200 (DST)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:25:32 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>For me the absolute BEST sorting method is that done in
>the SouthSide companion product PMINews: the dialog box
>allows you to sort Subject, Date, Time, From .... in either ascending
>or descending order -- _individually_ selected for each item -- and
>then move each up or down in the priority box.
>   ==> Completely configurable

 I don't think one needs all options that could be thought of (I for
one won't). The current folder settings allow for a descending list of
sort keys, which is fine. The problem is with the "read status" key as
it involves not only "read status" proper, but a whole mix of
properties, that are displayed in the "status" column. The easiest (and
fully satisfactory) solution would be to add another sort key - such as
"UNREAD ON TOP". If you put this on top of the list, followed by
subject, you're done.  It nothing else bit a duplicate of the existing
"read status" index, with any property other than "unread" disregarded.
Don't think there is much more to it.

 Martin