[pmmail-list] Sorting unread mail

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:22:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:57:19 +0200 (DST), Martin R. Hadam wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:25:32 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:
>>For me the absolute BEST sorting method is that done in
>>the SouthSide companion product PMINews: the dialog box
>
> I don't think one needs all options that could be thought of (I for
>one won't). The current folder settings allow for a descending list of
>"UNREAD ON TOP". If you put this on top of the list, followed by
>subject, you're done.  It nothing else bit a duplicate of the existing
>"read status" index, with any property other than "unread" disregarded.
>Don't think there is much more to it.

I certainly don't *need* all the options either, but after you've been
reading here for a while you'll quickly discover that there are hundreds
of different opinions of "need" .... yours is different from mine, but both
of ours are probably a lot less than the typical writer here.

There are at least 4 states for "Read Status", maybe more.  I think this
is the real problem for most, and could be solved by breaking those apart.
Then "ascending" and "descending" might make more sense.

[... I bet this is going to be a long thread.  I'm done with my part of it... ]

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"