[pmmail-list] feature requests concerning PGP encryption

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:48:14 -0700

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:32:50 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:

>>We talked about this months and weeks ago in several threads.
>>I don't believe, that there will ever be a new version with really
>>new features!
>
>From what I understood, Peter Nielsen is currently working on PMMail code
>(and I'm affaid he's alone).

We've discussed the PGP reply problem for years, it's a trivial change (very
little code to say "If the message I'm replying to is PGP'd, then turn on PGP
for the reply by default").

I suspect the people who make the decision not to make this change (or at
least ignore the problem) never use PGP, and think average users will get
lots of "missing key" errors when they reply to PGP'd messages. I think they
consider us a bit silly for encrypting our email, or up to no good, so who
cares if the odd messages doesn't get encrypted.

Perhaps Peter doesn't even have PGP setup on his development machine.