[pmmail-list] "All I Want for Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanza..."

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 02 Dec 2001 18:58:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:35:44 -0500, Kenn Yuill wrote:

>All I know is exactly what appeared at the website, which I copied into my
>greater need to be competitive with IE and Messenger.  Here in OS/2, I know only
>of this mailer as having acceptable capability of displaying e-mail in an HTML
>format.

I don't care to start a flame war over HTML vs. Text email, but I do
not find the OS/2 version of PMMail to have an acceptable means of
displaying HTML email.  Many messages viewed in the preview pane appear
blank, and must be opened and then selectively viewed in your web
browser before you can determine if they're really blank or if a
message actually exists.  This is a pretty poor kludge lacking even the
rudimentary html rendering email the WIndows version.  For me it is a
question of ease of use and convenience - not an endorsement of HTML
email.

Ralph