[pmmail-list] Today's Oxymoron: PMMail Support

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:51:16 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:37:24 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>Sigh. Just to surprise everyone, yes I was "in the loop" and knew
>that a new beta was coming.

Then why didn't your post that information here on the Official PMMail
mailing list.  Obviously it's not a secret or it wouldn't have been
announced in bold letters on the home page of the PMMail website two
weeks ago.

>It is going to be a private beta at first
>so I didn't feel the urge to mention it here.

Why not?  Is it because no one on this list has ever expressed any
interest in any work that might be going on with PMMail?  Is it because
there wasn't an extensive exchange of messages on this list earlier
this year about the integration of a 3rd party editor in PMMail?  No,
wait a minute, neither of those are true.  What could it be?

>I have also been told
>that it does not include an OS/2 version because it is meant to test
>the new 3rd party editor that has been integrated into the Windows
>version. There was no 3rd party editor from the same source for OS/2
>so none was integrated.

Ahhh, maybe that's the reason why.  Sounds a little controversial?
Might open up discussions about what other enhancements are being
planned, what bugs are being fixed and stuff like that.  Heaven forbid
PMMail Support should answer any questions about PMMail.

I was really hoping the exemplary manner in which Peter Nielsen managed
his PMView product and his customers would somehow rub off on BSw but
so far I see no change.  Well, at least we know what the BS in BSw
stands for.

Ralph