[pmmail-list] Today's Oxymoron: PMMail Support

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:10:27 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:01:38 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>Trevor, have you at least passed on any of the complaints that you've
>heard here about the lack of concern?  I don't think anyone expects YOU
>to respond nor to make policy statements.  But I think we do expect
>that our feelings will be passed up the line to those in the company
>who CAN and [more important] SHOULD be interested in what is going on.
>
>I think the answer to the above question only needs to be either a very
>simple, "Yes" or "No" without any elaboration required.  If the answer
>is "Yes" then it is clear that the 'powers-that-be' just do not care.

I think the answer is "Yes"........  that's my frustration.  Your conclusion
is the only one I've been able to draw myself when I've wondered about
the silence for the past 15-17 months.

OTOH, reading thru your message makes me consider that I might be
wrong, that Trevor hasn't been passing along these complaints (for
good reasons of his own, for sure), so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

>If, on the other hand, your answer is "No" then we will know where YOU
>stand, but I think you need to reevaluate your 'position and purpose'
>on the list.  After all, it is OUR money that is ultimately paying your
>salary and the salaries of those above you.  If they expect any more
>money from the people on this list, not responding directly to our
>concerns is certainly a strange way to act.
>
>To repeat, I don't think anyone expects YOU to address these issues.
>BUT, we do expect that, either directly through you, or indirectly,
>that our frustrations are getting to the appropriate people.  At the
>very least, I think you might ask someone there to at least look at
>what's going on with the list.

Very well stated.