[pmmail-list] Thin Exchange Watchdog?

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:31:18 -0600

Thank you for your comments.  Perhaps I neglected to add that my
computer is a Dell laptop with a horribly slow hard disk.  Swapping is
a dehibilitating experience.  When I compile my current application,
the difference between having Outlook in memory and not is five
minutes.  It is much faster to unload Outlook (including the
"syncing" required for laptops) and then to reload it after compiling.
But why reload it (which takes a minute)?

I spend hours per day without Outlook bogging me down.  If I wait too
long, I start getting calls ("why didn't you respond to my pointless
email?"), so it would be nice to know I had mail, which is why I asked
for a watchdog.

I am glad this is a non-existent problem, for you.  The smug
satisfaction you feel in your superior position is well earned, I am
sure.

Dave