[pmmail-list] Small request...

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:19:58 -0500

** Reply to message from "Stein Lokke Tomassen" <steint@stud.ntnu.no> on Tue,
11 Dec 2001 17:59:08 +0100

Hello Stein,

Of course, you are right that all mailers should call an available sound
editor, as defined by any file associations in the system and allow the user to
set up the sound to their liking.
Unfortunately, it is likely that this request will be far down on any "Wish
List".

The TaskBar of any mailer should allow the addition of the icons of programs,
so that one can quickly call a sound editor or a text editor, rather than
minimising the mailer so that one can access a folder containing a needed
utility.  Internet Adventurer had this feature 4 or 5 years ago.
JMO.

__________________ Original Message Below __________________

I known I could "just" alter the sound file I use. But my point is that if it is a
feature of the mail program to play sound then you should also be able to
adjust the sound so it will be integrated nicely with the rest of the system.
As it is now it is more like a "bully" shouting out that a new mail has arrived. :-)
If you all know what I mean...

Stein

Ciao,
       Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill    Warp 4.0  FP10    Java 1.18
      PolarBar Mailer 1.21b    ICE HTML Browser
	 -  A Thought for Today  -   11 Dec 2001

Ask five economists and you'll get five different explanations
 (six if one went to Harvard).---Edgar R. Fiedler