[pmmail-list] Small request...

Stein Lokke Tomassen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:59:08 +0100

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:06:31 -0600, J Stewart wrote:

>the best idea is to edit the sound file and drop the volume on it compared
>to the rest of the sounds on the system.  I've done with the "jetson doorbell"
>sound that i play for incoming mail.  i lowered the volume on that wav file
>about 65 percent.   it plays nice and soft while i am listening to CD's or
>MP3 files.

I known I could "just" alter the sound file I use. But my point is that if it is a
feature of the mail program to play sound then you should also be able to
adjust the sound so it will be integrated nicely with the rest of the system.
As it is now it is more like a "bully" shouting out that a new mail has arrived. :-)
If you all know what I mean...

Stein

 Real Name.: Stein Lokke Tomassen
 E-mail....: steint@stud.ntnu.no