[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 Sys3175 Crash

Scott E. Garfinkle pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:36:31 -0600

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:19:20 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>>Retrieving mail with PMMail/2 v2.10.2010, PMMail repeatedly
>>crashes with a Sys3175 fetching one specific message.
>>Had to use Remote Control to kill message on server, then fetch
>>the remainder:
>Impossible to say without seeing the message.
It's not impossible to say, but I've come to the conclusion that you guys are utterly incapable
of debugging your app if it fails. I personally have reported this trap numerous times, as well as something
that seems pretty similar on Win98. I have offered dumps, am wlling to provide traces, whatever.
Nevertheless, bsw has NEVER ONCE come up with an actual strategy to debug the problem. I get
this kind of garbage from my less-experienced debuggers (being the technical lead for the OS/2 Service
group) and don't accept it from them. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be able to motivate your lot
to learn how to debug your product.

-Scott Garfinkle