[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 Sys3175 Crash

J Stewart pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:02:05 -0600

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:36:31 -0600, Scott E. Garfinkle wrote:

>..... but I've come to the conclusion that you guys are utterly incapable >of debugging your app if it fails.
> ... (being the technical lead for the OS/2 Service group)

That's a little harsh, Scott.  There are probably some OS/2 APARs that took a long
time to solve and I doubt people accused you of being utterly incapable.

As a mainframe programmer for IBM I find it somewhat amusing that people expect
mainframe-type performance and support for a tiny fraction of the cost of a
mainframe.

When you pay mainframe prices I would expect instant response to bug reports
and timely fixes.  But for $40?  Yes, the product should work but it's impossible
for anyone to write unbreakable software with the infinite varieties of hardware
and software combinations.  I wonder how many times people have asked programmers
"Do you guys even test this stuff?"

I would say that the $40 I spent on PMMail for OS/2 and then a getting a cheap
upgrade to PMMail98 and then a free upgrade to PMMail 2000 was money well
spent.

Best regards,
Jim Stewart