[pmmail-list] Message that crashes PMmail

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:15:10

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:45:51 +1100, Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>  And I tried loading 2.20.2380 and every time I try to leave PMmail
>  running (Win2K sp1) it errors out with a popup that says it errored and
>  has to close.

IME the normal cause of this is that the line terminating the headers
is not empty, but contains one or more  spaces or tabs.  I have had a
number of spam messages like this.  I think it is strictly invalid
(though I suppose it could just be read as a continuation of the
previous header line that doesn't actually add anything - I need to
PMMail shouldn't crash trying to read it.

I use the remote control to delete any likely spam on the server -
otherwise you will have to use a different client to collect it.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd