[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 Sys3175 Crash

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:28:22 +1100

Crap, Jim.

Your Bronco wears out as a part of normal use. Know any software that
does?

Besides we are all conditioned to pay for bug fixes. The makers just
package some of the fixes with a feature or two and we cough up.

What you see on this list is not a bunch of people demanding all their
wishlist items AND the bug fixes free of charge. You see people who
were promised a new version ages ago. No new version, few bugs fixed,
no direction on view, broken promises galore and ever reducing
communication from the management.

You are witnessing the destruction of the potential market by ignoring
the diminishing number of loyal idiot^H^H^H^H^H customers who may have
promoted the new version.

I have clients who were told by me that we could expect new
developments more than a year ago. They are embracing Lotus
Domino/Notes. Others don't tell me what they are doing.

I had a chain of about 250 retailers we could have sold PMmail to. Tom
Bradford promised me quantity pricing. He never delivered a quote......

He might not know it but it really looks like he is probably
responsible for the whole debacle. If his leadership <?> internally is
as good as his customer relations then it is no wonder we are getting
the mushroom treatment you see us complaining about here.

And where are you coming from anyway? I don't recall seeing you post
here before. Perhaps you are a totally satisfied customer with no bug
issues just looking to see what is in the new feature list? People like
that are rare here but I'm prepared to be surprised.

On the other hand you may be related to Steve Barkto?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:14:42 -0600, Jim Stewart wrote:

>>>That's a little harsh, Scott.
>>Yes, but well-deserved.
>
>I just have to laugh out loud at the expectation that $40 for PMMail
>buys you lifetime product support.  There is something called economic
>reality.  If my edition of PMMail craps out constantly I'll vote with my
>wallet.  While I expect a warranty period I don't expect Ford to fix
>my 1990 Bronco for free anymore.
>
>And, of course, if the writers of that $40 piece of software fail to
>meet this expectation, by all means, denigrate them on a mailing list.
>How churlish.
>
>Sincerely,
>Jim Stewart
>
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>line of the message body being...

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.