[pmmail-list] Bcc problem with hotmail etc.

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:50:49 +0100 (MEZ)

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 14:41:47 -0700, Dave in Phoenix wrote:

> There is a message filter to "distribute to address book".  Since I don't
> really want to try it sending junk mail to everyone, I wonder if:

   There is also a similar action of "distribute to group"

> 1) Will it send again to ALL address books since doesn't seem per the help
> file to be able to select which address book.

   No, only to those addresses in the address book you selected. When
you are in the filter builder dialogue and select the action
"distribute to {book | group}, you will be prompted to select the
book or group you want to distribute to.

> 2) If I could send to just one sub book, would the messages be individually
> addressed TO: each person, but again separate messages so  no one sees the
> other addresses?

   I tried that out some time ago and remember that this was the
case.

   This was discussed on the list and you might find the record of
that discussion on the archive server which one list member had set
up.

   You might have noted that there are also filter actions which add
or remove the sender's address to or from a given address book or
group; that way you can give the users the tools to adminster
themselves.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main