[pmmail-list] Migration to a new Hard Drive

Eric Riggert pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:13:34 -0800

Lueko (and also Gunter, who sent a similar answer),

>From: "Lueko Willms" <lueko.willms@t-online.de>
>   Actually there is no problem simply pulling the directories from
>your old disk to the new one and start using. And you can simply
>install a new (or old) version of PMMail over the old one without
>problems (as far as it is a 2.x one).

That's what I thought.  I did essentially the same thing when I upgraded
from PMMail98 to PMMail2000.

>   As to using the CD as intermediate storage, you have to be aware
>that all files copied from CD to the Disk are configured as READ ONLY
>which makes that you can't record any changes and it also causes
>PMMail to crash in some situations since it assumes the files to be
>writeable.

<homer simpson> Doh! </homer simpson>

Sometimes it's the obvious things that catch us.

I just checked the attributes, and sure enough - they're all read-only.

Switching them back seems to have solved things.  Excellent!

Thanks and best regards,
Eric Riggert, e_riggert@hotmail.com (now using my new hard drive!)