[pmmail-list] PMMail on my desktop, files on notebook?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:03:34 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 17:29:17 -0500, Andrew Webber wrote:

>I'm probably missing an obvious step, but I just installed PMM2K on
>my desktop machine.  I installed it on C: but want to use the data
>files that are on T: (the notebook drive).  Is this possible?  I
>can't find anywhere that lets me point to a folder elsewhere.

Go into the properties settings for the PMMail2K object and enter the
complete path for the PMMail installation on your T: drive in the
'Start In' box.  For instance, my primary installation for PMMail is on
my OS/2 system in my j:\southsft\pmmail directory.  I have a Win98
system on the network set up to automatically assign the J: drive on
the OS/2 system to S:, so my 'Start In' entry in the properties box for
PMMail2k on the Win98 system is s:\southsft\pmmail.

One word of caution.  I have run into some minor problems if I have
PMMail open on both systems concurrently.  Not surprisingly, the
indexing in the folders can get a bit confused when two different
copies are running , so I always try close down one before I open the
other.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com