[pmmail-list] PMMail on my desktop, files on notebook?

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 20:08:01 -0500

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:03:34 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Go into the properties settings for the PMMail2K object and
>enter the complete path for the PMMail installation on your
>T: drive in the 'Start In' box.  For instance, my primary
>installation for PMMail is on my OS/2 system in my
>j:\southsft\pmmail directory.  I have a Win98 system on the
>network set up to automatically assign the J: drive on the
>OS/2 system to S:, so my 'Start In' entry in the properties
>box for PMMail2k on the Win98 system is s:\southsft\pmmail.

Thanks Ralph!  Worked like a charm (I'm writing this from my
desktop machine :).

>One word of caution.  I have run into some minor problems
>if I have PMMail open on both systems concurrently.  Not
>surprisingly, the indexing in the folders can get a bit
>confused when two different copies are running , so I always
>try close down one before I open the other.

I appreciate the warning.  Probably less an issue in my case at
this point anyway, because both machines are running Windows, so
I'll only want to use PMMail on the notebook when I'm away from hom
with the notebook only.

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]

...Aspartame free since 2001-01-19.
------
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
current local weather:
www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html