[pmmail-list] Remote control

Doug Thompson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 10:47:10 -0700

On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 17:23:09 +0100 (CET), Frank Winkler @home wrote:

> >Goto:
> >Account | Properties | Preferences
>
>Nope, we don't have this in PMMail/2. BTW: What the hell is "quick
>interrogation"?

Bummer!

Quick Interrogation is used to find new messages if you leave your
emails on the server.

>From "Help" for Windoze version:
<quote>
For those using any form of message storing on the email server (i.e.
leave on server), we have provided two distinct methods of checking
your server for new messages.  Blueprint Software Works's Quick
Interrogation is the default method.  This method can highly reduce
your online time by using an estimating algorithm to quickly find new
messages.  However, because it employs several features of a POP server
that are found on most, but not all servers, we have also provided a
Full Interrogation method.  If you feel that PMMail may be missing some
e-mails that are up on your server, either by fetching or using the
remote control, turn off the Quick Interrogation for more accurate
results.
</quote>

Regards,
Doug Thompson

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.