[pmmail-list] Remote control

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 16:00:34 -0400 (AST)

On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 20:18:04 +0100 (CET), Frank Winkler @home wrote:

>Of course, I saw the mentioned checkboxes and help texts. But my problem is
>that I couldn't get the sense of "quick interrogation" up to now. Maybe the
>reason is that my POP server doesn't support it. Could anybody please explain
>me how this works - if it works?

>From the help file:

Blueprint Software Works' Quick Interrogation is the default method.
This method can greatly reduce your online time by using an
estimating algorithm to quickly find new messages.  However, because
it employs several features that are found on most, but not all POP
servers, we have also provided a Full Interrogation method.  If you
feel that PMMail/2 may be missing some e-mails on your server, either
when fetching normally or when using the remote control, turn off
Quick Interrogation for more accurate results.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support