Eh! [pmmail-list]

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 01:37:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 04:27:33 +0100 (CET), Bagyinka, Csaba wrote:

>> P.S.  I put the [pmmail-list] in the subject line so that others might
>> find this message correctly placed in their PMMail folder and know that
>> they may need to change their filters.
>
>Why don't you filter for the To: field which rarely changes. It is much
>smarter than filter the subject.

I don't know about that.  I just got finished changing a bunch of
filters to accommodate for the takeover of egroups.com by
yahoogroups.com which effected the To: fields on a number of lists I
subscribe to.  I don't believe that any one way is always better than
all others, but my point was that had we all been informed of the
change, then those of us who were filtering on the Subject line would
have been forewarned.  Not a big deal, just kind of ironic that no one
thought to mention it in advance on this particular list.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com