[pmmail-list] Spam filter

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 15:24:52 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 12:04:17 -0800, William B. Kendall wrote:

>the subject contains even one $ it treats the mail as spam. There
>must be something about $s in filter strings which I don't know. Can
>anyone tell me how this works?

Yes, the "$" are special -- read:  Help | Index| "ICSL Variables"

The short answer (but I haven't tried it myself) is that you need
to use an _even_ number of "$" -- if you intend 3, then use 6.
As I said I haven't tried this myself; I only spent about a minute
or so looking this up in the "Help".

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"