[pmmail-list] REXX: How to change REPLY-TO entry?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:09:56 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:23:04 +0100 (MEZ), Frank Schwedler wrote:

> That's right - it's a better solution to change (or add) the 'REPLY-TO' line.

  I presume you want to set up the mailing list under schwedler.net,
and that you can add several mail accounts or at least mail addresses
for the same account.

  I thought about setting up a mailing list for my website. I would
have set up one mail account for the mailing list, with two mail
aliases (actual addresses), one for the actual distribution, another
one for list administration. In your case it might be named
"verteiler@schwedler.net" and "verteiler-request@schwedler.net".

  For the first address you set up a filter which DISTRIBUTEs all
incoming messages to a GROUP of entries in the address book, which
make up the mailing list.

  For the second one you set up filters for adding to or removing
from the group of addressees, to subscribe, or unsubscribe.

  Both filters act upon the TO: address in the first place, the
second one on strings in the SUBJECT: line as a secondary condition.

  Probably you already have thought out the same ideas, so please
excuse me for spelling out the obvious. But it might (might!) be
useful for other readers.

   The "reply-to" is simply configured as the reply-to address for
this account.

> Is there somebody out there who has written such a REXX-script? My REXX experiences
> are some year ago...

  I'm writing REXX scripts. But I do think that you do not need a
REXX script for what you want to do.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main