[pmmail-list] sick of 2.20.2030 - where are the real important features?

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:40:45 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:23:45 +0100 (MEZ), Andreas Ludwig wrote:

>I don't know why you try to refute every feature proposed by Stefan
>Kirch. Sounds like cheap propaganda to me.

Stefan can propose any feature he wants to propose. If he want PMMail to
toast his bread and brew his coffee, he can propose it. At the same time,
I have the right to offer my opinion on the proposal and oppose it if I
wish. I don't have a clue why you chose to use the term cheap propaganda.

>At least the feature quoted below would VERY useful IMHO. Why should I
>use another program to strip attachments. Sounds like buying
>'M$-Image-Stripper - Office2000 / .NET whatever tool - specially
>desingned to increase your everyday productivity and saving precious
>harddrive space' (or something like this), just to delete pictures
>embedded into M$-Word documents. That's Micro$oft style, I hope it will
>not be adopted by BSW.

Ok, so you agree with Stefan but I don't. I say why should BSW invest
resources to do what has already been done. I haven't seen anybody
proposing that BSW incorporate their own version of PGP into PMMail. If
the proposal doesn't address the central core function of PMMail as an
/email/ program then IMO its bloating the program. PMMail is a reasonably
fast, flexible and powerful /email/ program. I don't want it turned into
Netscape Messenger, MS Outlook, etc... equivalent just because "it would
be convenient". At best BSW can connect PMMail to an attachment stripping
program but then ICSL and Rexx will do that already.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris