[pmmail-list] more codepage problems

Samuel Audet pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:42:49 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:59:05 +1100 (EDT), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:19:53 -0500 (EST), Samuel Audet wrote:
>
>>. even if Microsoft is trying to break
>>everything at least _they_ still follow standards.
>
>I don't know how it applies to the thread this is in but if you administered any
>decent sized MTA you would never have written that!

No of course I'm not saying Microsoft never breaks standards (they more
often than other twist it so much that even if it's still valid,
anything else can't use it), but for this particular issue I'm talking
about, PMMail is at fault here.  Of course there is no use for embedded
multiparts stuff that Outlook uses sometimes, but it's still valid.

>In the beginning was The Word
>and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
>The Word of Rod.

If only that were still true...

--
Samuel Audet <guardia@cam.org>