[pmmail-list] Remote control

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:15:10 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:09:11, Paul Hodges wrote:

 >I think one of the things that quick interrogation does is assume
 >that the messages in the POP mailbox retain the same order on
 >successive logins - or something like that.  The ability to turn it

Why should the order of the messages change within the mailbox?

 >off was added to cope with my ISP (Demon in the UK) whose POP
 >mailboxes specifically do not retain their order on successive
 >logins.  This means that requested operations must verify the UID of

What's the sense of that? Never seen this ...

AFAIK the sorting of the messages is usually done on the client side.

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.180
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.199